Monday, July 11, 2011

Another one opens...or so I thought

Today was the big interview day with the senior editor at The NewsHour. I'm not sure what to think. I wasn't really nervous, but it wasn't really a normal interview. Obviously, I'm at least somewhat qualified, I mean I got the first interview. I made it out of the stack of hundreds of resumes, but now I've got to seal the deal. But at the same time it wasn't a typical interview, he was a little late, didn't really ask a lot if any questions and left in the middle of the interview. But he left to go get someone else to interview me for another position that just opened. This was the position I applied for first that got me the California documentary. I mean I'd love either position but I'd obviously prefer the permanent position with a salary that is sustainable. There really are no second chances with this one, I've got to pull out all the stops to prove that I'm worthy. Now the waiting game begins, who knows when I'll find out about the main position, but the other surprise one could start in less than a week!** Absolutely crazy, the turnaround time, packing, living arrangements. I've got to talk to Lisa about this. We are so much alike and I trust her judgment. I guess you could say I'm hopefully optimistic that the third time truly is the charm!

**(Note since this was written, I was officially rejected again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment