Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome

Well, this is my first post on this blog. I've tooled around with other ones before. Hopefully, this will be the outlet I feel like I need. Sometimes I just need to talk out my thoughts for them to start to make sense. My mind can get the best of me sometimes. I worry about what is coming in the future and what happened before. I think I need to live in the here and now and live to the fullest with no regrets and let go of the what if's. That is a big theme in life right now, the what if's. You see I thought I did everything right, I thought of anyone I would be the one to land a job right out of school and life would go on its merrily little way. I knew it would be tough getting into radio and television, but I had done everything by the books and even beyond to be prepared. But there is nothing to prepare you to deal with the reality of applying to dozens of jobs without even getting so much as an auto email response back. I knew I couldn't stay in suburbia and continue working in retail. I finally received an offer last July...but it was only for 12 weeks...but it was in one of the top TV markets in the country. So off I went, packed my bags, and headed off to the big city. It was almost like going back to college again, moving into a dorm. At least I was doing something, for most of the summer it felt like life was on pause. Everyone else was moving on with their lives and I was stuck. I adapted pretty well to big city living and 12 weeks went by pretty fast. But then after some interviews that never led anywhere, I was right back where I started on Graduation Day, kind of aimless for the moment, and for me that is a scary place to be. I tried my best to enjoy an extended Christmas break, knowing that I likely would never have holidays off at any point in the near future. And come the New Year I received another offer...again only 10 weeks, but I headed back to the big city hoping maybe this time would be different. So here I am chronicling my journey in the post college years, trying to find myself and figure out what I want out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment