The twisting, winding road of a perpetual dreamer trying to make it and the adventures along the way
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Why bother trying?
Typically as an intern, you get the assignments nobody wants. Or maybe if you're lucky, you get to do something that might actually be relevant. With the secretary out this week, I've seemingly been demoted to answering phones and running errands...which is fine for awhile but seriously people? This is supposed to be a communications internship, not personal assistant service. I'm trying to get experience and learn new things, but ever time I do the proverbial door gets slammed in my face. I try to complete assignments that I am given but can't because it would actually take an act of Congress to get them done... I try to work the camera angle only to get shooed away. I try to work the blog angle only to have just about every word edited. What more do you want from me? I flipped through the guidebook and realize there was a daily assignment I was suppose to be doing all along...a little hard if no one explains it. Even with catching up on that daily assignment, I still finished everything before lunch time. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing and why I am here... It is only 10 weeks so I know the end is in sight. I am finished in exactly 2 months, 3 days, 5 hours and 30 minutes but who is counting? I need some major job/interview vibes this week, please and thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment