Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dashed

I know she means well, but seriously my mother has got to stop. I shouldn't get off the phone sobbing, I should have exciting and new adventures to tell her. I finally started to accept and almost enjoy my position and she goes and dashes it. Telling me to not give up so easily was definitely the wrong choice of words. I've pushed myself to get good grades, done all the right things to try and get ahead, I've been at this for coming up on one year, don't you dare tell me I'm giving up too easily. I should tell her these things but I just can't. I'm the golden child that can do no wrong and never has any problems. I just want my life to move forward and I'm stuck in a constant state of limbo. I'm so done looking for a job, I'm so done trying to do the right thing, I'm so done trying to meet the right people. Why am I being tested this way? I just want to be able to go to work, go skating, and finally start living a full adult life. Apparently, you can't get a job unless you got an education degree or an engineering degree, the rest of us are just royally screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment