The twisting, winding road of a perpetual dreamer trying to make it and the adventures along the way
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Just Get Up
This title is more symbolic than most. The movie RISE came out last week and it was truly more moving than I quite imagined. The stories were incredible. To see Olympic champions fall over and over, yet get up and keep going. To see someone get so close to their dreams and have everything snatched away. To know that a simple message is all that is needed to keep going. Even when I have my down days and think to hell with it all, I have to know that I just need to get up one more time and try again. I loved Scott Hamilton's quote about being a serial underachiever and deciding to put full force into making something of himself. I don't think I've quite been a serial underachiever in a certain sense. I always set out to do my best, my problem tends to be that I want to be the best at everything. But I definitely need to learn to put full force and dedication into something I want. So when one rejection letter comes back, that just means I have to send out two more applications. And when my body won't cooperate on a new jump or spin, I need to really examine what I am doing and why I am doing it. There are a couple jobs that look really promising. I know I could apply for this opening and have a decent shot at it, but in reality I want nothing to do with this field. I need to dig deep into other areas and find a way to get there. It certainly won't be easy and certainly won't be without complications but I just need to get up one more time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment